To report child or dependent adult abuse, please call 1-800-362-2178.
To report a change to your Medicaid, Food Stamp or FIP case call, please call 1-877-347-5678.
For Child Care payments or registration, please call 1-866-448-4605 or visit the Child Care Public Web Portal.
For questions about your case or to contact your worker, click DHS office map to locate the phone number.
Adoption Investigators (Certified)
- Licensing Information - for people who conduct home studies to provide adoption services to individuals and families independent of an agency
- Adult Day Care 515-725-1147
- In-Home Health 515-281-5392
After Care Service Network
Certified Adoption Investigators
- Licensing Information - people who conduct home studies to provide adoption services to individuals and families independent of an agency
- Child Care Assistance 1-866-448-4605 toll free
- Providers, Licensed Centers 515 -281-5584
- Child Care Provider Complaint Hotline 1-844-786-1296
Child Placing Agencies
- Licensing Information for agencies that provide adoption, foster care, and supervised apartment living services
Civil Commitment Unit for Sexual Offenders
- To learn more about the 27/7 facility that provides secure, inpatient treatment for sexual offenders who are believed to be a high risk for sexually re-offending see the CCUSO page.
Community Partnerships for Protecting Children (CPPC)
- To apply for benefits or ask questions, contact your local office. Use the DHS office map to find the office contact information.
- The Iowa Developmental Disabilities Council promotes the development of a coordinated system of services and supports that provide opportunities for people with developmental disabilities to be independent, productive, integrated and included in their communities. To learn more see the Iowa Developmental Disabilities Council’s website.
Disaster Behavioral Health Services
Earned Income Tax Credit
Exceptions to Policy
Family Investment Program (FIP)
Foster Care Recovery Unit
- 1-888-229-9223 toll free or 515-369-2844
- Report Suspected Welfare Fraud 1-800-831-1394 toll free
Group Foster Care Facilities
hawk-i (Healthy & Well Kids in IA)
For application assistance or to ask questions, contact your local office. Use the DHS office map to find the office contact information.
To report changes to an existing case:
Home & Community Based Waivers
Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children
Interstate Compact for Juveniles
Integrated Claims Recovery Unit (Processes interstate matches for duplicate public assistance and establishes claims for recoupment.)
- Delinquency Services 515-242-5452
Medical Assistance / Medicaid
Nursing Facility Care (Medicaid)
PARIS - Public Assistance Reporting Information System
Record Check Evaluations
Runaway Children - Out of State
Safe Haven for Infants
Special Needs Children
- Independent Living (Foster Care for 16 and Older) 515-242-5271
- State Training School for Boys at Eldora 641-858-5402
- Delinquency, Juvenile Justice Programs - 515-242-5452
- See Voter Registration information on the Iowa Secretary of State's website.
- You can get help registering to vote when you apply for DHS assistance programs.
If you need further assistance in locating the appropriate office to address your concerns, please call toll free to 800-972-2017.
Relay Iowa TTY 1-800-735-2942
For changes to this page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe to this page's updates, please Log In.