Contact Us

To report child or dependent adult abuse call 1-800-362-2178. 
To report a change to your Medicaid, Food Stamp or FIP case call 1-877-347-5678.   
For Child Care payments or registration call 1-866-448-4605 or click here to visit the Child Care portal.  
Call your worker for questions about your case.  Your local office phone number and address may be found on the DHS office map.  
For general information or further assistance call 1-800-972-2017, send an email to or send a letter to Iowa Department of Human Services, 1305 E. Walnut St., Des Moines, Iowa 50319.
For telephone accessibility assistance if you are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, or have difficulty speaking call Relay Iowa TTY at 1-800-735-2942.