For 24/7 disaster crisis counseling, call Iowa Concern Hotline at 800-447-1985.
For the Iowa individual disaster assistance grant program information call toll-free 866-434-4692.
Iowa Individual Disaster Assistance Grant Program
The Iowa Individual Disaster Assistance Grant Program (IIAGP) offers grants to families whose household’s annual income is at 200% or less of the federal poverty level. Each qualifying household MAY receive up to $5,000.00.
The IIAGP is activated when the Governor issues a disaster proclamation turning on IIAGP for the affected counties
The grant application may be download by clicking on Iowa Disaster Assistance Application. Applications can be turned in to a local Community Action Association, go to www.iowacommunityaction.org to find your local association.
There are no proclamations of disaster emergencies at this time.
Disaster Behavioral Health Response Team
The Iowa Disaster Behavioral Health Response Team (DBHRT) is a trained team of volunteers who will respond to the mental health needs of Iowa residents following disasters and critical incidents. The team provides services for community providers based on local area needs and may be delivered at a disaster site in an affected community or statewide. Services may include:
- Conduct behavioral health needs assessment following a disaster
- Provide Psychological First Aid
- Provide brief crisis counseling and intervention
- Provide community outreach
- Provide public information and education
- Provide critical incident stress debriefing
- Provide behavioral health consultation for providers, communities and individuals
- Provide screening and referral for those affected by a disaster or critical event
Local authorities may request DBHRT assistance in order to meet the behavioral health needs of communities in crisis by contacting the Homeland Security and Emergency Management Duty Officer. The duty officer is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 515-725-3231. For more information go to www.iowadbhrt.org.
To subscribe to this page's updates, please Log In.