The Commodity Supplemental Foods Program (CSFP) provides supplemental food and nutrition education for pregnant, postpartum and breast-feeding women, infants, children up to age six and the elderly. Available foods include canned fruits and vegetables, hot and cold cereals, cheese, peanut butter and beans, pastas, canned and powdered milk, regular and soy formula and infant cereal.
- Meet income guidelines
- Be six years or younger, a pregnant, postpartum or breastfeeding woman, or over the age of 60
- Foster children six years or younger are automatically eligible for this program
- Cannot also be enrolled in the WIC program
- Apply in person at your local CSFP office.
- Bring proof of age, income, birth of baby or doctors note that provides due date of baby.
- If applying for your foster child, bring legal documentation of foster care status, child’s birth certificate or Title XIX document, and proof that you are the foster parent.
For more information please call 1-877-288-3655 or visit http://cms.polkcountyiowa.gov/CFYS/pages/SuppFoods.aspx.
To subscribe to this page's updates, please Log In.