Food Assistance Employment and Training

Employment and Training services are available to Food Assistance recipients who:

  • Are at least age 18
  • Do not receive FIP
  • Live in a county served by one of the following community colleges:
    • DMACC (Des Moines Area Community College)
    • HCC (Hawkeye Community College)
    • IHCC (Indian Hills Community College)
    • IWCC (Iowa Western Community College)
    • KCC (Kirkwood Community College)
    • MCC (Marshalltown Community College)
    • SWCC (Southwestern Community College)
    • See Community Colleges area map 

Employment and Training can assist with:

  • Job search skills and training
  • Education services including HiSET, ESL and Continuing Education
  • Tuition assistance
  • Transportation
For additional information, contact Kelly Madison at or 515-725-3016.