The Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) announced winning bidders for Governor Branstad’s Medicaid Modernization initiative on August 17, 2015. The RFP, titled the Iowa High Quality Health Care Initiative, asked for bids from potential vendors as the state moves toward a risk-based managed care approach for Iowa’s Medicaid program. DHS has announced that the following bidders have been selected*:
- Amerigroup Iowa, Inc.
- AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa, Inc.
- UnitedHealthcare Plan of the River Valley, Inc.
*On August 17, 2015, DHS issued a notice of intent to award four MCOs with contracts to administer the program. On December 18, 2015, the selection of WellCare of Iowa was terminated following an appeals process.
- Improve quality and access
- Promote accountability for outcomes
- Create a more predictable and sustainable Medicaid budget
IA Health Link is the name for the Iowa Medicaid managed care program. The IA Health Link Frequently Asked Questions webpage is regularly updated to offer the latest information to help members get the care they need, and help providers get paid for the important services they deliver.
IA Health Link Coverage Has Begun!
After more than a year of preparation, hard work and unprecedented cooperation among Iowa Medicaid, its stakeholders and federal partners, IA Health Link coverage has begun. Read more.
|News and Announcements
- New IA Health Link Informational Video for Members and Providers: Iowa Medicaid has produced a new informational video for members titled, How to Choose a Managed Care Organization that helps members navigate the IA Health Link enrollment process with a Managed Care Organization (MCO). Iowa Medicaid has also put out a similar informational video for providers titled, Provider Education and Participation that helps providers with their MCO enrollment process. The videos are designed to assist both members as well as providers in getting a better understanding of the enrollment process.
- New IA Health Link Webinar Videos: Interested in learning more about the IA Health Link Program? Watch the IA Health Link member webinar videos for the latest information on the Medicaid managed care program. Periodic updates will be made to these videos to reflect any changes that happen in the program. This will ensure that the information in the webinar videos are always up-to-date. Access the member webinar videos.
- IA Health Link Virtual Rountable Discussion for Providers: On April 26, 2016, the Iowa Department of Human Services conducted a virtual roundtable discussion that was designed for medical providers. The discussion focused on the IA Health Link managed care program and gave medical providers the opportunity to ask questions about the transition to managed care. The goal of the panel was for the state and managed care organizations to hear directly from providers across Iowa and address any remaining concerns now that the transition to IA Health Link managed care has begun. You may now view a recording of the virtual roundtable discussion.
- Managed Care Covered Benefits Comparison Grid: The Iowa Medicaid Enterprise (IME) has developed a comparison document which provides information on basic required benefits for Medicaid, Iowa Health and Wellness Plan, hawk-i and the Iowa Family Planning Network. Access the comparison grid.
- Iowa Medicaid representatives presented information regarding the IA Health Link program to the Senate Human Resources Committee on March 30, 2016.
- Iowa Medicaid representatives presented information regarding the IA Health Link program to the Senate Human Resources Committee on March, 16, 2016.
- Update on Network Development
Provider Network Status Summary - Historical Utilization Report (May 2016)
GeoMaps - Provider Network Overview, Region and Market Share Report
Readiness Review and Rules Presentation (September 10, 2015)
IA Health Link Member/Provider Transition Update (September 2, 2015)
Medicaid Modernization Overview Presentation (March 18, 2015)
Public Meetings Press Release (March 10, 2015)
Announcement Press Release (February 16, 2015)
Please open the link above to access relevant MCO-specific documents
Please open the link above to access relevant member-specific documents
Please open the link above to access relevant provider-specific documents
Please open the link above to access relevant waiver-specific federal documents
To subscribe to this page's updates, please Log In.