Member Resources

Call Center Guide: Where to Call for Help

Customer Service Call Center

To report changes such as:
  • Address
  • Birth of a Child
  • Lost Paperwork
  • Employment Starts or Ends
Toll Free: 1-877-347-5678
Monday - Friday; 7 6 p.m.
Member Services
For questions about:
  • Billing
  • Address Changes
  • Medicaid Information
  • Special approval for authorizations
  • New Medicaid Card 
  • Managed Health Care
  • Third Party Liability
Toll Free: 1-800-338-8366 or in the Polk County Area at 515-256-4606 
Monday - Friday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.


Local Office
Contact your local office for general questions regarding:
  • Medical Assistance
  • Food Assistance
  • Cash Assistance
  • Child Care Assistance
  • How to Apply for Benefits

Local Office Locations

For problems or concerns regarding your local DHS office contact the Central Office at 1-800-972-2017 or by email at

Member Handbooks

Your Guide to Medicaid Fee-for-Service (Spanish) -- COMING SOON

Frequently Asked Questions

How to Read Your Iowa Health and Wellness Plan Statement

How to Read Your Iowa Health and Wellness Plan Statement (Spanish)

For more information about Medicaid visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.

Getting the Most from Your Medicaid Benefits

Learn ways your family can avoid costly mistakes by always carrying your Medicaid card, planning ahead, utilizing preventative care, only visiting emergency rooms for an emergency and other Medicaid Member Tips.

Community Resources (non-Medicaid)

Dial 211 to reach United Way's free and confidential information about food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.

Smoking Cessation Resources

If you want to quit smoking and are looking for help, find out what smoking cessation resources are available from Quitline Iowa and the Iowa Department of Public Health.