Iowa States Medicaid EHR Incentive Program is playing an important role in establishing critical health information technology designed to reduce costs, improve care and advance coordination across the healthcare platform, leading to better coordination, quality of care, and healthier lives. As of March 30, 2014, Iowa has approved payments to nearly 1497eligible professionals and hospitals with a total close to $ 98 million dollars in incentive payments.
|News and Announcements
- CMS issues final rule on CEHRT: CMS issued the final rule on use of certified electronic health record technology (CEHRT). Iowa Medicaid will update its Provider Incentive Payment Portal (PIPP) to accept attestations compliant with final rule.
Read more. (September 2014)
Applying to the Iowa State Medicaid HIT/EHR Incentive Program:
Program Information and Additional Resources:
- Introduction to the Medicaid HIT/EHR Incentive Program for Eligible Professionals Guide
This guide is now available at the CMS EHR Incentive Program website. This guide provides a one-stop shop for EPs, covering eligibility, registration, incentive payment, AIU, meaningful use, CQMs, and other Medicaid EHR Incentive Program subtopics.
- Iowa HIT/EHR Program FAQ Sheet
Answers to the most frequently asked HIT/EHR Incentive Program questions from Iowa Medicaid.
- CMS HIT/EHR Incentive Program
The official Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services website for the CMS EHR Incentive Programs
- List of Certified HIT/EHR Technology
The most current list of certified EHR technologies from the Office of the National Coordinator
- CMS Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to the most frequently asked HIT/EHR Incentive Program questions from CMS.
- Iowa State Medicaid HIT/EHR Plan (SMHP)
IME's SMHP serves as IME's strategic HIT planning document. IME expects that medical advances, HIT advances, federal and state legislation, and provider needs evolve. Therefore, IME will revise the SMHP on an annual basis to show a rolling five-year vision of HIT needs within Iowa. This annual revision cycle aligns the needs of IME's members, provider network, and HIT investments.
- Hospital Incentive Payment Calculator
Comments or Questions:
Medicaid providers interested in learning more about the incentive payments, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tanya McAninch, Medicaid HIT Provider Incentive Coordinator at 515-974-3123.
To subscribe to this page's updates, please Log In.