The Child Support Recovery Unit (CSRU) helps parents establish paternity and support orders and enforces orders for support. Child support collections help families with children become self-sufficient.
Any family can apply for child support services and pay a $25 application fee.
In State Fiscal Year 2015, the CSRU had more than 172,000 cases. Total collections totaled more than $323 million.
Services provided by CSRU include:
- Locating parents and their employers or other income sources
- Establishing paternity
- Establishing support orders
- Suspending and reinstating support orders
- Modifying support orders
- Registering other states’ orders for enforcement or modification in Iowa
- Sending and receiving referrals for services to and from other states
- Enforcing support orders
- Enforcing health insurance orders through a payor’s employer
- Receiving and disbursing child support and medical support payments
- Answering customers’ questions and concerns
To subscribe to this page's updates, please Log In.