In April 2012, Governor Branstad signed House File 2226, directing DHS to conduct a comprehensive review to determine whether to recommend a differential response to child abuse reports when the initial report is received by the department. In the 2013 legislative session, House File 590 was passed by the Iowa House and Senate with bipartisan support. The bill was signed into law by Governor Branstad on May 24, 2013. The documents shown below provide additional information about Iowa's Differential Response System.
Second Quarter DR Data Release
First Quarter DR Data Release
Differential Response Workgroup Meeting Minutes
March 2012 , April 2012 , May 9, 2012 , May 31, 2012 , June 15, 2012 , June 25, 2012
Differential Response Documents
Differential Response Forum Recording
Click to view Differential Response Forum Recording
- Introduction: 01:01 - 02:00
- Caren Kaplan, Consultant, National Resource Center for In-Home Services: 02:00 - 32:34
- Judge Anthony Capizzi, Montgomery County Juvenile Court, Dayton, OH: 32:39 - 56:40
- Attorney Susan Collins, Trumbull County, OH: 56:40 - 01:07:14
- Julie Allison, Child Welfare Bureau Chief, IA: 01:07:16 - 01:44:12
To subscribe to this page's updates, please Log In .