What Is the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)?
- EITC is a tax credit for working individuals and families.
- Click here for EITC info on the IRS website to learn more.
How Can the EITC Help Me?
- You can get more money back in your refund!
- You could pay less federal and state taxes.
Can I Get EITC?
- You may qualify for EITC if you worked at any time last year.
- If you have at least two children or dependents and earned less than$44,648, you could get as much as $5,572.
- If you have one child and earned less than $39,296, you could get as much as $3,373.
- Even if you do not have any children and earned less than $14,880 you could get as much as $506.
- Income limits for married workers are $5,550 higher.
How Do I Get the EITC?
EITC Save Tax Fees!
- IRS certified tax sites will help prepare tax returns for low income families and seniors FREE of charge.
- Just Call 2-1-1 to find free tax help in your community, or dial toll free 800-244-7431.
- See if you qualify for the IRS Freefile program or the Iowa efile program.
- Avoid Rapid Tax-Refund Loans, they only speed your refund by a few days and can be very costly.
- Remember, you may also qualify for the Iowa Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit.
- To find a free tax return preparation site near you where you can get free help with your taxes from trained volunteers go to http://irs.treasury.gov/freetaxprep/ .
EITC What Should I Bring When I Get Help With My Taxes?
- Your valid Picture ID.
- Copies of all W-2 and 1099 tax forms you received.
- Proof of Social Security numbers or ITINs for family members on your return.
- A copy of your tax return from last year.
- Address and tax identification for any child care provider.
The EITC does not affect eligibility for public benefits, such as Medicaid, Food Assistance,cash assistance such as FIP, Child Care Assistance,or subsidized housing.
To subscribe to this page's updates, please Log In.