Who Receives Services

The Child Support Recovery Unit serves people who:
  • Are receiving public assistance such as Family Investment Program (FIP) benefits, foster care services, and in some situations, Medicaid benefits

  • Received public assistance in the past.  Unless the payee notifies us not to, we continue to provide child support services when a family stops getting public assistance

  • Apply for child support services. To apply for services, visit our website at: www.childsupport.ia.gov. Print off the Application for Services form under the Forms tab, complete it, and return it with your $25 application fee.
    • Office information, including the mailing  address of the office closest to you, can be found on the Offices page. 
  • Live in other states but need services from us because the other parent lives or works in Iowa