The Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) announced winning bidders for Governor Branstad’s Medicaid Modernization initiative on August 17, 2015. The RFP, titled the Iowa High Quality Health Care Initiative, asked for bids from potential vendors as the state moves toward a risk-based managed care approach for Iowa’s Medicaid program. DHS has announced that the following bidders have been selected*:
- Amerigroup Iowa, Inc.
- AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa, Inc.
- UnitedHealthcare Plan of the River Valley, Inc.
*On August 17, 2015, DHS issued a notice of intent to award four MCOs with contracts to administer the program. On December 18, 2015, the selection of WellCare of Iowa was terminated following an appeals process.
- Improve quality and access
- Promote accountability for outcomes
- Create a more predictable and sustainable Medicaid budget
IA Health Link is the name for the Iowa Medicaid managed care program. The IA Health Link Frequently Asked Questions webpage is regularly updated to offer the latest information to help members get the care they need, and help providers get paid for the important services they deliver.
|News and Announcements
- Work Process Flow Charts for Various Medicaid Programs: Iowa Medicaid provides health coverage to more than 640,000 Iowans through a variety of different programs. These programs have processes in place to make sure members get the care they need. Some processes are complex, but important to understand. The Iowa Medicaid Enterprise (IME) has developed visual aids to help members, providers and stakeholders better understand the various processes in place at the IME. Click on the links below.
- Translation and Interpretation Services for Members: Iowa Medicaid can arrange for an interpreter to help members speak with us in almost any language. Members should call Iowa Medicaid Member Services for help at 1-800-338-8366 or locally in the Des Moines area at 515-256-4606. Read More.
- Iowa Medicaid representatives presented information regarding the IA Health Link program to the Senate Human Resources Committee on March 30, 2016.
- Iowa Medicaid representatives presented information regarding the IA Health Link program to the Senate Human Resources Committee on March, 16, 2016.
- Update on Network Development
Provider Network Status Summary - Historical Utilization Report (May 2016)
GeoMaps - Provider Network Overview, Region and Market Share Report
Readiness Review and Rules Presentation (September 10, 2015)
IA Health Link Member/Provider Transition Update (September 2, 2015)
Medicaid Modernization Overview Presentation (March 18, 2015)
Public Meetings Press Release (March 10, 2015)
Announcement Press Release (February 16, 2015)
Please open the link above to access relevant MCO-specific documents
Please open the link above to access relevant member-specific documents
Please open the link above to access relevant provider-specific documents
Please open the link above to access relevant waiver-specific federal documents
To subscribe to this page's updates, please Log In.